As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 65,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s increasing commercial success, the need for more dedicated application knowledge and quicker technological developments allow Thermo Fisher Scientific to hire an Applications Specialist SEM, with strong emphasis on customer training and product demonstrations.
The Applications Specialist in the SEM applications team is responsible for providing technical expertise in support of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s European sales efforts.
· Customer support and applications training post sales cycle and after instrument has been installed. Translate customer needs into workable solutions
· Perform high quality SEM product demonstrations, including the development of new techniques and applications for Thermo Fisher Scientific partners and customers, particularly those in the Science marketplace.
· Providing technical product expertise assistance during all phases of the sales cycle.
· Cultivating positive customer relationships and acting as a high level customer interface for specific instrument/applications issues, explaining complex technology details, giving in depth technical presentations, and assisting in applications development.
· Provide continuous feedback to the product groups on system performance, features, and potential problems while collaborating with marketing/development groups on future product developments.
· Act as a primary communication conduit to the factory by reporting engineering and production issues from the customer to Thermo Fisher Scientific.
· Troubleshoot and report software and hardware issues and escalate as necessary.
· Provide feedback to engineering on system performance, features and problems.
· Recommend and advise on direction for potential applications consistent with customer requirements and technical feasibility.
· Provide technical support to SSD, R&D, Manufacturing, Customer Service and other departments as required.
· In-depth knowledge of Electron and Ion Optics, Analytical Techniques (EDS, WDS & EBSD), In-Situ SEM characterization techniques.
· Fluency in German would be highly beneficial.
· Experience with Thermo Fisher Scientific SEM/DualBeam/TEM Systems.
· Proven track record for demonstrating & training on complex scientific equipment.
If possible, please share something of your work with together with your CV.